Thursday, January 4, 2007

Interview Pains

So, showed up at an interview today, only to be told that I wasn't suitable for the job (which I'd found out about through my placement agency) since a) I don't have the required 5 years of experience and b) I don't have a vehicle with which to travel 5 days of the month with.

I'll point out that a) the advertisment said 'entry-level' position and b) didn't mention travelling. I'll go even further and also state that c) the agency already knows exactly what type of vehicle and experience I have (bus, feet, 1 year).

I'm less than impressed, especially since I was then given 'advice' about how to get into the industry- by doing temp work. It's what I've been doing for a year so far, without any results! So I'm very frustrated right now, especially since the industry group I joined (which cost lots of money, and was my xmas present from my very sweet parents) just sent me an email going 'nope, no existing support for new graduates- keep checking the job page!'.
For the record, the job page usually lists things for 'marketing director' or 'communications manager'.
You know, the type of job they really like to give to people one year out of University.

Oh well, back to the drawing (or should I say job-hunting) board!

1 comment:

1peanut said...

communications covers alot of things- what kind of job are you looking for?