Monday, June 18, 2007

Update/ work grumble

It's been a long time since I 'blogged'.

So much has happened, and on the work front, unfortently, none of it has been good. Yes, I don't feel confused anymore. However, relationships between myself and my boss are not in a good place. Since confronting her about how my job did not meet the promises of what she'd offered me, I have been penalized constantly for it.

I have not written ANYTHING (except emails and 'resumes' of lawyers) in two months. I am constantly told I am not 'suitable' and don't have the proper skills for the position because it's expected that I can set-up complex filing systems in zero time. Last week I was introduced to the inc0mming boss as 'our admin assistant, who does the saddledome ticket distribution and all the office tasks'.

Not as a Marketing Assistant, no word about what I am, what I can do. The ADMIN assistant - for which, of course, I was promptly ignored by the new boss. I work overtime all the time (often when the boss tells me I have to two minutes before I leave). I don't take lunch breaks - I don't get to. Despite all this, I am told I am not putting in enough 'effort', that my 'long-term placement' in the position is in question.

Needless to say, I have long ago dropped the idea of working there for a year. Now, I'm looking as hard as I can for anything else!

I hope something happens, because this is driving me nuts, daily. I'm miserable, and it's breaking down my self-esteem, and is also causing stress in my relationship with Jeff. Me being frustrated & coming home crying does not make for a happy home life.

I don't want to bitch, but it just comes pouring out of me - each and everyday, there is an effort (concious or not, I don't know), to errode my self-esteem, my assurance in my skills and experience.

But I'll keep smiling, and I'll keep looking & applying. And one day... well, the job I want really is out there!

No comments: