Thursday, February 22, 2007

K-I-T-T-E-N!

It’s official: I’m getting a KITTEN!

A little, cute ball of fur, with four tiny paws and a curious disposition & a penance for mischief. An adorable little animal with an inquisitive face, massive eyes & purrs and meows.

That also, of course, breaks things, hacks up hair balls & will try to get high by eating all my plants.

But still! A Kitten- just as soon as the roommate moves out.

This is Jeff’s only caveat – the same one that I have: NOT YET!

Not until we get rid of K & have that additional space, and also not until K moves out because moving a kitten in, would totally piss him off, and probably escalate the situation from Cold War to World War III.

Quite frankly, though, I’m not really worried about WWIII – I could probably beat K up, not to mention what Jeff (my superior in strength by about 5 times) could do.

No, I’m more concerned that, K being of the type that serial killers are born from, I’d come home from work one day to find out that kitty had ‘eaten something’, and was then in so much pain it’d managed to open the sliding glass doors & hurl itself off the balcony ledge.

After which, of course, it would be fine, since we live all of 6 feet off the ground, and it would land in a snow bank.

That said, I’ve already asked if I can’t bring home a kitten & tell K he has to move out, because we’ve “got a new roommate!”

Jeff said no :(

That said, I might yet bring home a kitten while K’s already moving out (the lease is up in only 4 months, HURRAY!), and go ‘meet our new roomie that we’re replacing you with’.
It would totally piss him off, but he totally wouldn’t be able to do anything about it, because he’d already be leaving.

So yah, this post is really supposed to be about my future kitty, but since my roommate’s what prevents me from having one now, it can also be a grumble against him.

Jeff probably won’t be too impressed when he reads this (I’m in his ‘favorites’ list on his half of the computer…awww, ain’t that sweet?), but hey, my excuse is a) I need to grumble every now and then and b) well honey, you came on here, so you read it, but I WAS trying to prevent you having to listen to another one of my bitch sessions about K. So deal with it :)

Not that Jeff doesn’t bitch about him too. But you know, in a masculine, non-bitchy way (my boy doesn’t like having feminine/young words applied to him- he’s a grown up, masculine man’s man. *snort* *snicker*)

But anyways, I’ve bitched enough……

3 comments:

Joy said...

Oh my, roommate woes. Is his lease up for re-signing or is he moving awy permanently? I hope so. Go git that cute kitten!

Jo said...

the lease he's on is up- so we're kicking him out.

There is only so long you can put up with people who think they need to deep-fry food every night, never clean anything & bang on the walls when you're having (very quiet) sex.

That and Jeff & I want our OWN place!

Joy said...

Good for you! Rock on or sex on or both...just do it! lol