Thursday, February 15, 2007

Kynance Cove

Ok, so just redesigned the page, I like it so much better, even if it is a template- far more 'my' style!

Even if it is a bit unoriginal :)

Anyways, the photo to the right is one of the (many) I took of Kynance Cove, last time I was there. It's about a mile from the southern-most tip of England (known as 'the Lizard'), on the Lizard Peninsula in Cornwall.

I go there every time I go home to England, as Kynance is my favorite place in the world, and what I would almost call my 'spirit home'. This is not just because of the beauty of Kynance, but because of its magic. Kynance is a place where the spirit feels at rest, where it is rejuvinated and filled with wonder & joy. There is no such thing as a bad day if you go to Kynance Cove- the beauty of the place, combined with the feelings of the sun, wind & sea, fill you with serenity and hope. You can be in a horrible mood before you get there, but once you are there, it disassipates- Kynance is filled with a magic that does not allow the soul to harbor pain, grief or anger.

It's a place that I long for, frequently, that I dream of constantly. All I have to do, to feel at peace, is to think of Kynance, or to look at the photographs. And so, my dreams take me there frequently, the most beautiful dreams, where I lie on the grass of the cliff to the side of the cove, with Jeff by my side, and watch the waves come in. And I wake up from these dreams, feeling the same peacefulness, rejuvination and sense of greatfulness to experience something so beautiful, that I receive each time I visit Kynance.

Because it is not this secluded cove's beauty that is it's greatest gift to the world, but its magical quality to grant its visitors serenity, joy and awe at the power of Mother Nature.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo,

Cathryn Michon here. Now that we know that Mum is well (Yay positivity!) I'd like to ask you a favor. I'm asking people who have referred to my blog in their blogs to help me with my Technorati ranking.

If you can first do me the favor of putting a link to my blog in your blog, that would be awesome.

Secondly, if you could go to technorati.com and register as a user, and then chose the Grrl Genius blog as one of your favorites, that would be swell too. I think you have to type in the actual url of my blog to choose it, and that address is:

http://grrlgenius.ivillage.com/love/

Thank you so very much!

Have the T-shirt said...

Beautiful place NGG, I can see why you love it. :)